Monday, June 8, 2009

The State of my Union

Last Wed., during worship service, God asked me a great question: "What is the State in which you live?"
"Now, of course," I thought, "I reside in Michigan!"
I then began to think about the State of Michigan. It is a famous state in the world right now, for many reasons of economic challenges. It was noted several times during the last Presidential Election for it's financial struggles and housing market. I remember being amazed at seeing a clip of people gathered in a tent in a remote area of Africa, watching the U.S. election and hearing about the economic problems in Michigan. The whole world is watching the State of Michigan. And here we are, right in the thick of it. In fact, we relocated our family right here, smack-dab in Detroit, right when the market got really interesting.

Tony and I live and work and raise and educate our children in Detroit, Michigan, and can't help but see how the economy is effecting the people around us; You can't help but hear it on the news, or see it in the foreclosure listings, or "For Sale" signs littered all over our neighborhoods; HOWEVER, Michigan is not the State in which we and our children Live and Move and have our Being. Oh no! Quite the contrary! As I mediated on this question during the worship service--"What is the State in which you live?"-- The Holy Spirit answered with a statement that filled me with hope and the Right perspective. Christ's perspective. He answered this question through experiential revelation.

My spiritual senses suddenly became aware of my Union with Christ.I felt the very covering of my Life in Christ surrounding me in an impenetrable force-field of Holiness.

Remember Colossians 3:3? "For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new,real] life is hidden with Christ in God." (AMP) Do you see it? This "State" in which I live is so much more important than the residential location of my house and it is more real than the sidewalk on which I stand. It's effectiveness is far more reaching than the heavens. This is literally Christ, who is my LIFE, appearing, so that I can be with Him in His Glory. (Colossians 3:4 my paraphrase)

This statement immediately began setting my mind and re-orienting my emotions in The peace of Christ's perspective. It is what has held me together through this week of my husband looking for work and wondering about the future. This experience gave me something very solid and trustworthy to cling to in the midst of a Michigan that has its ear to a negative report on the 'state of their union'.

God whispered this revelation to me during the worship service to set my mind on what is above--on what is going on in His neighborhood-- NOT on the things that are on the earth. "For I have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead,] and [He wants me] to aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God." (Colossians 3:3,AMP My paraphrase in italics)

Before this service, Ryan Fleutch had just challenged us all to prophesy Truth about our lives in this State of Michigan. In the midst of all this, I heard Jesus say to me, "Prophesy about the State of your Union with Me". .. ..from Isaiah Chapter 9:

Chapter 9:2 (AMP) "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great Light; those who dwelt in the land of intense darkness and the shadow of death, upon them has the Light shined. You [O Lord] have multiplied the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before You like the joy in harvest, as men rejoice when they divide the spoil [of battle]. For the yoke of burden, and staff or rod of their oppressor You have broken as in the day of Midian. .. . .. . .

vs. 6 (my paraphrase) For to Me, Melissa, Jesus was born! To ME, God gave His Son. And the government of all in my life and my surroundings shall always and in all circumstances be upon His shoulders. And I, inheriting all through our Holy death together, our Burial together, and our Glorious Resurrection as One, have the right to call on His name as. . . MY Wonderful Counselor, my Mighty God, my Everlasting Father [of Eternity], my Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government on and in my life and everything around me and the peace of my existence in Him there shall be no end. . . "

So, My God and Father of Eternity, through Your Son's Death, You have accomplished an inseparable Union for me with Jesus, that can never again be penetrated by the World and its darkness. Not even the rumors of darkness. For I have seen and experienced This Light. Thank you God, for the State of My Union with You. My life is now hidden in Yours. And you have the eternal last Word, because there is no end to You.

"Scripture quotations taken from the New American Standard Bible®,
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME! So good. What an awesome thing to see the world swirling all around you, chaos & destruction, and know that it doesn't apply to you. Not my world. Not applicable. Awesome!

Grande Baliad said...

Melissa, this is great! You and Tony totally bless me! Your whole family does! Keep bringin' the revelation!

Maureen said...

Wow. This is so good Melissa!!! We are all blessed that you are in union with Christ with us!!!

Post a Comment